Thursday, July 26, 2012

Goals

As I continue on my weight loss journey, I'm starting to think about goals I want to attain.  I want to shift my thinking so I'm not so obsessed with the scale and instead I'm focused on my goals.

So first, of course, have to be weight loss goals.  The first weight loss goal will be 188 pounds, because that will be 100 pounds lost.  I'm 4 pounds away.  Sometimes, I step back and think about it, and 100 pounds?  That's unreal.

After 188 pounds, 163 pounds will be the next weight loss goal.  That's 125 pounds lost, and originally, that was my ultimate goal.   I was around that when I met Jason, the last time I was really healthy and in shape.

From there, I'm not sure what my ultimate weight loss goal will be.  Depending on how tough it is to get to 163, I might stop there.  But I'll be honest, I'd love to be under 150.  I'm 5'5", and weighing in the 140s for my body type would be amazing.  Haven't been that since high school.  144 would be truly amazing because that would be half my original weight.  But like I said, not sure if I'll be able to get there.  We'll see.

Then I have fitness goals.  First, running.  I want to run a 5K in under 30 minutes.  That's not very fast but it will be a big improvement from where I am now.  I also want to beat my husband in a 5K.  I'll admit it, I'll gloat when I do.

In February, I plan on running The Cowtown 10K.  This past February, the Cowtown 5K was the first one I ran, so a year later, it makes sense to go further.  And since my birthday is in February, it's a good birthday present to myself.  Then the following February, I plan on running The Cowtown Half Marathon.

Other fitness goals?  I want to be able to actually complete the 30 Day Shred without stopping.  Silly, but I still haven't gone past Level 1, so I need to work on it.  And I think when I get to my original goal weight (163), I'll get the Insanity series.  That thing blows my mind.

Oh, and one more purely self involved goal.  Those who know me well know I LOVE People magazine.  I've had a subscription for years, and the day that I get it in the mail is affectionately referred to as "People day."  Well, they've had an issue every year for people who have lost a lot of weight...regular people whom they profile and share their stories.  I want to be in that issue.  It's a silly little goal, but I'm going for it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! All fabulous goals! I have no doubt you can do it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see those weight loss stories in Shape, I think of you and how you deserve to be featured in that type of story someday :) You will get there!

    ReplyDelete