Monday, May 23, 2011

It's been awhile

So it seems like I haven't blogged in forever.

Life has been a little nuts for the last 6 months or so. We moved back to Fort Worth, bought a new house, both started new jobs and Jenna started day care. Everything has been a good change, but it's still been stressful. Especially with Jenna starting day care. I had a really, really hard time with it at first. It took awhile for me to feel comfortable with it. And the poor kid has been sick a lot too...which means I have been sick, Jason has been sick and it's been a rough couple months.

I'm really just getting back into cooking on my days off, and walking on my days off. My hospital system currently has a "Shape Up" challenge going, so that's helped with my walking, as one of the things we're measuring are pedometer steps.

It just takes so much focus for me to eat right and exercise, and I've been struggling a lot. Back in October 2010, I had lost almost 35 pounds. Then I gained about 25 of that back. Today I've lost 15 of that 25. So I am doing better, but every day is still a struggle.

I've also been really, really stressed out lately. I yell too much...at Jenna, at Jason, at anything. I'm working a lot more than I ever have since Jenna has been born, and that's been tough to adjust to. When we moved from Tyler, I didn't realize that leaving a couple good friends would make such a difference, but it has. They had become my sounding board and seeing them a couple times a week helped me a lot. My friends here? Unfortunately, I haven't seen them hardly at all since moving back.

So I think my journey has now become more of a journey towards the person I want to be, and weight is just a part of that. I want to be a better wife, a better mother, a better friend. I'm not even sure what that all entails. But I know I need to work on me.

Hopefully starting to blog again will help.

2 comments:

  1. Here for you whenever you need me!! You are doing great. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what hil said.. we love you, momma. so wish we lived closer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete