Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Health and fitness goals for 2013

Since my last post was about my 2012 accomplishments, it seems only right that I also post about my goals for 2013.  I've decided against resolutions...never kept them anyway.  Goals give me something to work towards and are much more positive.  So with an explanation why these are goals, here goes!

1.  Run 12 races.  I ran 9 races in 2012, so I'm sure I can fit 3 more in.  Actually, it will be a little more difficult because I am now working every other weekend, but that just makes it a little more challenging.  I'm already signed up for 3 races in January and February so I'm off to a good start.

2.  Run 600 miles.  I gave a lot of thought to this one.  One of my friends on Facebook posted her total for the year.  Once I stopped to think about it, it was astounding...over 1400 miles!  Not sure if I could even get over 1000.  But I know, if I push myself, I can get to 600.  That's between 11-12 miles a week, so it will be tough for me.  But I'm going to try.

3.  Get under 30% body fat.  When I started at the gym, I was at 40%.  I got down to 34.6% this year, so this is definitely achievable.  But it's still going to require some dedication and hard work on my part.

4.  Get my BMI under 30.  This should be my easiest goal, since my BMI is at 31.1 right now.  I think I have to lose about 8 pounds to get under 30.  But it's significant because I will FINALLY be out of the obese BMI category.  I'll "just" be overweight.  That's a big milestone for sure.

5.  And the last one is to get to my goal weight.  I have just about 25 pounds to get there.  Losing half a pound a week will get me there.  Definitely achievable.  And MAJOR.  Exciting that it's within my grasp!

No comments:

Post a Comment