Thursday, September 23, 2010

Non scale victories

I'm trying to put less emphasis on what the scale says and instead, concentrate on the "non scale victories." The stuff that has nothing to do with numbers and still makes me proud and happy! So here's some that I have noticed so far:

My clothes are definitely looser. I had to buy some smaller shorts. When I'm at work, I can tell my scrubs are actually getting looser. I'm not ready to go down a size in those yet but they are definitely bigger.

My engagement ring ALMOST fits again. With all the weight I've gained since I was married, I never got my engagement or wedding ring resized because I didn't want to admit I needed to! My wedding ring doesn't ever come off so it's worn a semipermanent groove on my finger, but I take my engagement ring off so I haven't been able to get it back on.

I went to the store the other day, and instead of thinking what junk I could get to eat, I thought about if they had some Sobe Lifewater 0. I don't know why but I've gotten hooked on that stuff!

But the best non scale victory this week? After getting out of the shower, the towel actually fit around me. Sounds silly but that made me SO happy.

3 comments: