Tuesday, August 24, 2010

No excuses!

This could be a tough week for me. My parents come to visit tomorrow, and they are staying through the weekend. Usually, when we had company, or when I went to visit someone, I would just forget about eating right and exercising, because what's the point? We go out to different restaurants, we go for ice cream, we eat. Not this time though.

I've got meals planned out for the whole time they are here. Tomorrow night they are taking us to the Olive Garden for dinner. We love the Olive Garden, but the main reason I picked it was that they list ALL the nutritional info for their dishes on their website. I can go out to eat and still eat healthy. And wow, what an eye opening experience that was, looking at that nutrition info! Scary!

Thursday night I'm cooking, and Friday Jason and I are going to the Ranger game in Arlington. We are going out to eat at our favorite restaurant before the game, and that is the ONLY meal that I'm going to allow myself to have whatever I want. Then, if I don't get dessert at the restaurant, I can have ONE thing at the ballgame. And that's it. We'll be coming back home late Saturday, but I'll have to find a way to eat healthy during the day on Saturday. But like I've mentioned before, I've done my research and have a couple places we can stop and I can eat healthy.

I'll still weigh myself Sunday, although I'm not going to be surprised if I don't lose weight. But I'm trying to remember it's not just about weight numbers...it's about being healthy, about exercising (as I plan to continue to every day), about drinking all my water and just making better choices overall.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kate! I hope you have a great visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete