1. My health. I want to live to be an old lady. I want to be married for 5o years (I'd be 76). I want to see my daughter grow up, get married and have kids of her own. I want to get off blood pressure medicine. I want to be the exception to my family history of heart disease and high cholesterol. I don't want to physically hurt after a shift at work. I don't want to hobble out of bed in the mornings.
2. I don't want my sweet daughter to call me fat. :(
3. I want to consider myself an athlete again. I'd love to run a 5K and maybe further.
4. When I got married 1o years ago, I had a "personal" bridal shower. Okay, get your mind out of the gutters people...personal clothing. You get the drift. Beautiful things that I haven't been able to wear in years. But I still have it all, and I'd love to be able to wear it again. I'm sure Jason would love it too. :)
5. New clothes. Actually, with every couple sizes I drop, I'm sure I can go through my closets and find clothes that I haven't worn in so long that they will be new to me.
6. I want to not worry about fitting in airplane seats.
7. I want to be able to help people more in my job. I mean, seriously, would you listen to a nurse talking about health if she was 100 pounds overweight?
8. I want to feel comfortable in something besides scrubs.
9. I want to get a family picture taken. It's very sad that we've never had a family picture taken, and the reason I haven't wanted one is that I don't like seeing myself in pictures.
10. I want to like myself again. Well, technically, I like myself, but I hate the way I look. But I do like who I am. Just need to fix the outside to meet up with the inside.
I know there's a TON more reasons why I'm finally doing this, but I'm drawing a blank right now. I'm sure I'll come back and add to it, and I know I'll come back and read it over and over. There are some days, some weeks, I will definitely need the reminders.