Friday, August 20, 2010

Why Am I Doing This?

This week has been a little shaky for me. I've felt like I haven't done the best I could, and I figured that if I posted WHY I'm doing this, then it would remind me. I figure I'll come back to this post and edit it, adding more reasons as they come along. So, in no particular order, (except for #1, which is the main reason I'm doing this), here they are....

1. My health. I want to live to be an old lady. I want to be married for 5o years (I'd be 76). I want to see my daughter grow up, get married and have kids of her own. I want to get off blood pressure medicine. I want to be the exception to my family history of heart disease and high cholesterol. I don't want to physically hurt after a shift at work. I don't want to hobble out of bed in the mornings.

2. I don't want my sweet daughter to call me fat. :(

3. I want to consider myself an athlete again. I'd love to run a 5K and maybe further.

4. When I got married 1o years ago, I had a "personal" bridal shower. Okay, get your mind out of the gutters people...personal clothing. You get the drift. Beautiful things that I haven't been able to wear in years. But I still have it all, and I'd love to be able to wear it again. I'm sure Jason would love it too. :)

5. New clothes. Actually, with every couple sizes I drop, I'm sure I can go through my closets and find clothes that I haven't worn in so long that they will be new to me.

6. I want to not worry about fitting in airplane seats.

7. I want to be able to help people more in my job. I mean, seriously, would you listen to a nurse talking about health if she was 100 pounds overweight?

8. I want to feel comfortable in something besides scrubs.

9. I want to get a family picture taken. It's very sad that we've never had a family picture taken, and the reason I haven't wanted one is that I don't like seeing myself in pictures.

10. I want to like myself again. Well, technically, I like myself, but I hate the way I look. But I do like who I am. Just need to fix the outside to meet up with the inside.


I know there's a TON more reasons why I'm finally doing this, but I'm drawing a blank right now. I'm sure I'll come back and add to it, and I know I'll come back and read it over and over. There are some days, some weeks, I will definitely need the reminders.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Here's some of the things that have happened since I've lost weight that have inspired me.

    1. I don't weigh more than Dad anymore (at least, I don't think so). That always made me feel like crap.

    2. I can "indulge" and buy ice cream or eat fattening foods in public without feeling like everyone is staring at me, thinking, "That poor girl. No wonder why she's fat."

    3. I can get around and move around much easier. and I actually enjoy using my muscles.

    4. I don't hate looking in the mirror or at pics of myself as much anymore.

    Anyway, I'm hoping that this list will grow as I continue to drop weight. There have been setbacks but rather than freak out about them, I am trying to just take them in stride and know that it's all part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw mama, good for you for making this for motivation, but you are a fabulous person no matter how you look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete